VonLehman's Controllership Group provides experienced controllership services to meet the changing demands of closely held companies, governmental entities and not-for-profits throughout our region. From offices in Kentucky, Ohio and Indiana, our controllership teams are available on an outsourced, contract or project basis. We work on-site, remotely or a combination of the two. This flexibility enables clients to tap our expertise when and how they need it most.
In times of rapid change, financial management needs often outstrip available systems and capabilities. That's when organizations outsource their day-to-day accounting functions to VonLehman. In our role as controllers or CFOs, we perform high-level, hands-on financial duties without the fixed cost of a full-time employee. Our goal is to strengthen clients' financial management so owners can focus on growing their businesses.
Clients benefit from our outsourced services on several fronts:
- We design more efficient accounting systems for recording transactions and producing meaningful financial statements. This saves time and improves accuracy.
- We enhance reporting systems to provide robust business data for making smart decisions.
- We reduce risk of fraud by improving internal controls.
- We produce budgets, cash-flow projections and multiple scenario plans to help clients prepare for an uncertain future. That forward-thinking mindset is a VonLehman hallmark.
- At every opportunity, we engage the client's in-house staff in the learning process. This builds internal capacity and provides a seamless transition when the time is right.
Relying on best practices in accounting and financial management, our Controllership Group helps accounting departments create:
- Timely financial statements
- Clear policies and procedures
- Realistic budgets and forecasts
- Relevant industry benchmarks and performance metrics
- Reliable projections for capital expenditures, staffing needs and inventory levels
- Support schedules for year-end work papers
- Financing proposals to banks and funders
We routinely analyze buying decisions and cost centers to find ways of reducing costs. Working with VonLehman topic experts, our group advises clients on:
- Buy-versus-lease decisions
- Employee benefit plan options and compensation systems
- Deferred compensation and retirement plans
- Opportunities for tax reductions
- Software investments and training
Our experienced team uses its industry-proven processes and knowledge to improve our clients’ business operations.
For many businesses, it’s more efficient to outsource their entire bookkeeping function than to staff it internally. As full-charge bookkeepers, we manage all aspects of their accounts receivables, accounts payables and payroll. This includes preparation of 1099s, W-2s, sales and use tax returns, and payroll tax returns. We prepare invoices and statements, pay invoices, equitably resolve customer and vendor issues and reconcile accounts.
We are skilled in the accounting software preferred by most industry sectors, including:
- MAS 90